[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW13

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Fri Mar 25 08:59:53 PDT 2016

Current Dev Position: YP 2.1 M4 (Stabilization only milestone.)

Next Deadline: YP 2.1 M3 Target release date is March 18, 2016 (Is late, see status)

SWAT team rotation: Joshua -> Beth

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

*        YP 2.1 M3 rc1 came out of QA.  Whilst it didn't have any serious issues there were enough issues and enough High and M+ bugs open against it that it was decided an rc2 build was justified.

*        Key bugs were found in toaster, build appliance and bug counts were generally high.

*        WDD (Weighted Defect Density) is at its highest level ever.

*        The triage team is seeing extremely high bug volumes which are threatening to overwhelm the triage meetings.

*        The prelink issue has been identified, a fix is in progress but not ready for submission yet.

*        An rc2 build will happen as soon as we have fixes for the critical issues, hopefully early next week.

*        This does mean M4 rc1 will be slightly delayed but it doesn't really matter if we call it M3.rc2 or M4.rc1, the key thing is to get some QA runs and get bugs fixed.

*        YP 1.8.2 will be delayed until after 2.1 at this point as we don't have the manpower or autobuilder resources to drive both.

*        We're suffering infrastructure issues and are down to 5 out of 8 working autobuilders at this point and the new hardware isn't ready yet, all of which is disappointing. This is being worked on. There possibly issues with the xfs filesystem (would be interesting to know if anyone else uses that or has had issues).

*        YP 2.2 planning is now underway. If there are issues which people would like to see addressed in the next release cycle, now is a good time to get enhancements logged into bugzilla.

Key YP 2.1 Dates:

YP 2.1 M3 Target release date is March 18, 2016 (Is late, see status)

YP 2.1 M4 / Final Cutoff: March 28, 2016 noon GMT - Stabilization only milestone. (Will be pushed late due to M3, See status)

YP 2.1 Final Release Target: April 29, 2016 (Still on Track)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.1_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.1_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.1_Features

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2779 (last week 2616)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:         (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:                              (208) 244-4460
* Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com