[yocto] upgrade daisy -> jethro

Ruben Schwarz r.schwarz at sotec.eu
Wed Mar 23 01:17:00 PDT 2016

Hi,

we have a customized board with Texas Instruments AM335x Processor. It's
based on Beaglebone Black and EVM Starter Kit.

We have a working yocto-daisy image running U-Boot 2013.07 and Kernel 3.14.
No we want to upgrade to jethro, including U-Boot 2015.07 and Kernel 4.1.

What I did:
- Merging U-Boot Patches from 2013.07 to 2015.07.
  The board boots and ping to other machine is possible from U-Boot command
line.

- Building Kernel 4.1 with defconfig from Kernel 3.14
  This Kernel boots, but no network interfaces come up. *ip a* only shows
loopback interface. Device Tree files are the same as in Kernel 3.14

- Building Kernel 4.1 with omap2plus_defconfig
  This Kernel doesn't boot, it hangs after U-Boot procedure.

My Questions:
- Anybody here who did something similar? Any hint how to handle yocto
upgrades in general?
- Are there any changes in device tree from kernel 3.14 to 4.1?
- How can I check if the problem is u-boot specific (Hardware init), device
tree or kernel driver?
- Anybody here who has a running linux kernel 4.1 for beaglebone black?

And, more general:
- How do you handle yocto source upgrades in your products / systems? Code
freeze after development?

Thanks in advance and best regards
Ruben

--

Besuchen Sie unseren Chrome Webshop unter shop.cloudwuerdig.com

www.sotec.eu | www.cloudwuerdig.com
--
SOTEC Software Entwicklungs GmbH + Co Mikrocomputertechnik KG
Calwer Straße 11, D-75395 Ostelsheim

Der Inhalt dieser e-Mail ist ausschließlich für den bezeichneten Adressaten
bestimmt. Wenn Sie nicht der vorgesehene Adressat dieser e-Mail oder dessen
Vertreter sein sollten, so beachten Sie bitte, dass jede Form der
Kenntnisnahme, Veröffentlichung, Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe des
Inhalts dieser e-Mail unzulässig ist. Wir bitten Sie, sich in diesem Fall
mit dem Absender der e-Mail in Verbindung zu setzen.

The content of this e-mail is meant exclusively for the person to whom it
is addressed. If you are not the person to whom this e-mail is addressed or
his/her representative, please be informed, that any form of knowledge,
publication, duplication or distribution of the content of this e-mail is
inadmissible. We ask you, therefore, in such a case to please contact the
sender of this e-mail.