[yocto] packages with PKGSIZE 0

Bhanagay, Sagar sagar.bhanagay at hpe.com
Mon Mar 7 13:46:51 PST 2016

Hello,

I was going through the list of packages installed in the image (as per the manifest file).
I noticed that metadata information for these packages is present at -
/build/tmp/sysroots/NAME/pkgdata/runtime/

Now I do notice that rarely for a few packages mentioned in the manifest list, the corresponding metadata file is not present here.
Also sometimes, though the file is present, it says "PKGSIZE_pkgname: 0"
Example: PKGSIZE_packagegroup-base-ipv6: 0

What are these 0 size packages that manifest says are part of the image?

Thanks
~Sagar