[yocto] Question about access local stash/bitbucket server via yocto

Christian Ege k4230r6 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 06:44:47 PST 2016

Hi Rikard,

> My first post so here we go….
Welcome to the OpenEmbedded world.

> 1) I am new to yocto and so is the company I work for….
> 2) My companys firewall/intranet blocks git protocol so only http works…
welcome to my world

> Anyhow, in the company there is a local stash/bitbucket sever which run on
> XXXX port number where I have some repositories and I am able to clone them
> with:
>
> git clone http://<USER>@<server>:<PORT>/XXX/~YYY/ZZZ.git ==> This works fine
> from command line, note the “~”
>

> However, now I want to do the clone from a yocto/bitbake file I created as
> follows:
>
> LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://LICENSE;md5=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
>
> FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}-${PV}:"
>
> SRCREV = "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
>
> SRC_URI = "http:/<USER>@<server>:<PORT>/XXX/~YYY/ZZZ.git"
>
> However this fails with Username/Password Authentication Failed which I find
> strange since I have no problem with git clone …..
> Now I have two questions:
>
> 1)     Is it possible to add my USER and PASSWORD in the bitbake/yocto (*.bb
> file) file to work around the Username/Password Authentication Failed
> problem.
>
> 2)     I also have a question if there are any limitation in the path I use,
> for example:
>
> a.     Is it OK to have <PORT> number as part of path, I haven’t seen that
> in any other files related to yocto/bitbake? And if not how do I specify the
> PORT number?
>
> b.    Or maybe the “~” will cause problem , I haven’t seen this in any path
> names related to yocto/bitbake?
You have multiple options here:

- Switch to SSH for stash access
- Add a yocto user to stash and add those credentials to a the yocto
build users .netrc (http://www.mavetju.org/unix/netrc.php)
- Check poky/bitbake/lib/bb/fetch2/git.py what options are possible
for the git fetcher

You can wrap your stash URL in a Variable and set it in a global
location for example your conf/local.conf

MYFANCY_URI ??= "git://git.xxxx.com/scm/proj"
MYFANCY_URI_PROTOCOL ??= "https"

> Any advice I appreciated.
>

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Regards,