[yocto] Question about access local stash/bitbucket server via yocto

Olsson Rikard (RBSN/ESW1) Rikard.Olsson at se.bosch.com
Wed Mar 2 06:23:12 PST 2016

Dear Yocto members,

My first post so here we go....
1) I am new to yocto and so is the company I work for....
2) My companys firewall/intranet blocks git protocol so only http works...

Anyhow, in the company there is a local stash/bitbucket sever which run on XXXX port number where I have some repositories and I am able to clone them with:
git clone http://<USER>@<server>:<PORT>/XXX/~YYY/ZZZ.git<http://%3cUSER%3e@%3cserver%3e:%3cPORT%3e/XXX/~YYY/ZZZ.git> ==> This works fine from command line, note the "~"

However, now I want to do the clone from a yocto/bitbake file I created as follows:
LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://LICENSE;md5=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}-${PV}:"
SRCREV = "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
SRC_URI = "http:/<USER>@<server>:<PORT>/XXX/~YYY/ZZZ.git"
However this fails with Username/Password Authentication Failed which I find strange since I have no problem with git clone .....

Now I have two questions:

1)     Is it possible to add my USER and PASSWORD in the bitbake/yocto (*.bb file) file to work around the Username/Password Authentication Failed problem.

2)     I also have a question if there are any limitation in the path I use, for example:

a.     Is it OK to have <PORT> number as part of path, I haven't seen that in any other files related to yocto/bitbake? And if not how do I specify the PORT number?

b.    Or maybe the "~" will cause problem , I haven't seen this in any path names related to yocto/bitbake?

Any advice I appreciated.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Rikard Olsson

Engineering Software, Lund, Sweden (RBSN/ESW)
Tel. +46(46)270-6843 | Rikard.Olsson2 at se.bosch.com<mailto:Rikard.Olsson2 at se.bosch.com>