[yocto] How to generate debug symbols but not copied to the image?

Austin Kim augiekim at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 10:28:47 PDT 2016

Thank you for the help.

Now, it generate the debug image but there are two questions.

1. I have problem with Eclipse ADT plugin. I don't know how to set
debug-file-directory into my .dbginit. My project is created via eclipse
Yocto ADT plugin and it overwrites .dbginit whenever Eclipse starts
debugger.I'm pretty new to Yocto, Eclipse and Linux world. Could you give
me any idea how I can set debug-file-directory? I cannot update .dbginit
since the file is overwritten whenever debug starts.

2. When I build the image, it generates tar.gz compressed image and I have
to manually extract the image in some directory whenever build the image
and debug it. Is there any way to deploy the debug symbols under existing
sysroot during the build phase?

These are what I did -

IMAGE_GEN_DEBUGFS = "1"
PACKAGE_DEBUG_SPLIT_STYLE = "debug-file-directory"
IMAGE_FSTYPES_DEBUGFS = "tar.gz"

Thanks!

*- Austin*