[yocto] copying build configuration files to the rootfs

Bjorn Sorensen bsoren at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 28 10:03:50 PDT 2016

Hello experts,
I built a Yocto image with ROS and a few of its packages, it all went down fine. I can run ROS and the packages that are built in the rootfs. Next I on the target machine I setup my environment (Catkin) in order to compile my additional ROS packages locally on the target later and at will.
Problem is that when invoking a catkin_make, I get CMake errors (related to the build dependencies) saying that:could not find a package configuration file provided by "Example_package" with any of the following names:"package_nameConfig.cmake""package_name-config.cmake"
I investigated further and "obviously" found out the all of these configuration files do exists in my host machine and under the /tmp/sysroots/... tree, in the correct path.
Since I want to be able to add and compile more ROS packages later and locally on the Target -- which may depend on the already installed packages -- Is there a way to instruct the build system to also included all of these configuration files in the rootfs image too? or is this contradict the purpose of the Yocto project.