[yocto] prelink support

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Jun 20 06:12:55 PDT 2016

On Mon, 2016-06-20 at 08:24 -0400, Kyle Russell wrote:
> It looks like the image-prelink support is still disabled in master
> because of an issue with IFUNC symbol relocation.
>
> https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/meta-poky/conf
> /local.conf.sample?id=8debfea81e69d038bd2d56314b272cb74f5582ed
>
> Is there still a problem, or is it safe to reenable image-prelink?  I
> see a "Fix ARM IFUNC support" in the prelink-cross repo, but that
> appears to have been committed several months before image-prelink
> was disabled.  We'd like to enable image-prelink on a build off
> jethro.
>
> Any help or links to a recent discussion thread would be helpful.
> Thanks!

Basically, its still broken. I actually ran into a bug the other day
caused by the issue where I had prelink enabled locally.

I know Mark is working on some fixes but its an onion problem, you fix
one thing, then find other issues. Mark can give the full story but
right now, its not able to be re-enabled.

Cheers,

Richard