[yocto] minimal image without GPLv3

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Jul 26 14:02:18 PDT 2016

Hi Robert,

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 09:21:34 Robert Berger wrote:
> I am yocto-izing people again and someone asked how to build a minimal
> Yocto image without GPLv3 components.
>
> I said like this[1]
>
> 1. Comment out the EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES line
> 2. Set INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE = "GPL-3.0 LGPL-3.0 AGPL-3.0"
>
> ... and indeed a core-image-minimal was built with alternative packages
> like busybox instead of bash ...
>
> but it did not run on qemu due to some kernel issues.
>
> I did not investigate it further, but is this s known problem?

Not that I know of - and on the face of it it seems unlikely that this would
be related, unless perhaps the bootloader changed - most of the parts that are
switched out under these circumstances are part of userspace; the tools used
to build the kernel should be the same.

In any event this sort of thing shouldn't happen. Could you perhaps file a bug
for this with more details?

Thanks,
Paul

--