[yocto] minimal image without GPLv3

Robert Berger gmane at reliableembeddedsystems.com
Mon Jul 25 23:21:34 PDT 2016

Hi,

I am yocto-izing people again and someone asked how to build a minimal
Yocto image without GPLv3 components.

I said like this[1]

1. Comment out the EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES line
2. Set INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE = "GPL-3.0 LGPL-3.0 AGPL-3.0"

... and indeed a core-image-minimal was built with alternative packages
like busybox instead of bash ...

but it did not run on qemu due to some kernel issues.

I did not investigate it further, but is this s known problem?

Regards,

Robert

[1]
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#ref-images...Programming
today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and
better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger
and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

My public pgp key is available,at:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x90320BF1