[yocto] customizing system configuration files in my image

piotr.lewicki piotr.lewicki at elfin.de
Wed Jul 20 06:10:49 PDT 2016

It's always helpful to first check here:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.1/ref-manual/ref-manual.html

and here:
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.6/bitbake-user-manual/bitbake-user-manual.html

But find an answer attached..

On 20.07.2016 13:41, Jörg Wittenberger wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> yet another newbie here stumbling around…
>
> I’m not trying to find „any way“ to do what I need.  I’m trying to
> learn how these thing sould be done in yocto.  Looks to mea s if I’m
> missing something basic.
>
> Zhenhua Lu wrote:
>
> > Usually I do it by adding bbappend of corresponding packages to
> override original files, the interfaces is provided by init-ifupdown,
> the inittab is provided by sysvinit-inittab.
>

> > An example:
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-ppc/tree/recipes-core/init-ifupdown
>
> I failed trying to follow this example.
>
> I  have this samba_4.%.bbappend :
>
> ----
>
> FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/iris:"

You should add a line
SRC_URI += "file://smb.conf"
that will copy a file from your "${THISDIR}/iris:" to ${WORKDIR}
and then..

> do_install_append() {
>
>     install -m644 iris/smb.conf ${D}${sysconfdir}/samba/smb.conf
>
> }

..install this with "install -m 0644 ${WORKDIR}/smb.conf
${D}${sysconfdir}/samba/smb.conf"

Also make sure that you have a directory ${D}${sysconfdir}/samba by
adding the line:
install -d ${D}${sysconfdir}/samba

> And in the same directory a subdirectory „iris“ which contrains the
> „smb.conf“ I want to install.
>
> Does not work.  Using `bitbake -c devshell samba` I found no copy of
> my „iris“ directory.
>
> Thanks so much.
>
> /Jörg

BR,