[yocto] customizing system configuration files in my image

Jörg Wittenberger Joerg.Wittenberger at janztec.com
Wed Jul 20 04:41:17 PDT 2016

Hi all,

yet another newbie here stumbling around...

I'm not trying to find "any way" to do what I need.  I'm trying to learn how these thing sould be done in yocto.  Looks to mea s if I'm missing something basic.

Zhenhua Lu wrote:

> Usually I do it by adding bbappend of corresponding packages to override original files, the interfaces is provided by init-ifupdown, the inittab is provided by sysvinit-inittab.
>
> An example: http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-ppc/tree/recipes-core/init-ifupdown

I failed trying to follow this example.

I  have this samba_4.%.bbappend :
----
FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/iris:"

do_install_append() {
    install -m644 iris/smb.conf ${D}${sysconfdir}/samba/smb.conf
}

And in the same directory a subdirectory "iris" which contrains the "smb.conf" I want to install.

Does not work.  Using `bitbake -c devshell samba` I found no copy of my "iris" directory.

Thanks so much.

/Jörg