[yocto] do_rootfs OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Jul 19 05:47:16 PDT 2016

On Tue, 2016-07-19 at 07:17 +0000, Maier, Chris wrote:
> Hello together,
>
> I ran into an “Permission denied” error while trying to setup a
> nightly build on our Jenkins server and I can’t figure out where the
> problem comes from.
> It seems that the problem is coming from creating and executing a
> child process, but why?
>
> The build is working fine on my linux machine but it doesn’t finish
> successfully on the server (SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP1
> (x86_64)).
>
> The build log and the error message is attached.
>
> What I already did:
> -          Checking the file system space (11GB left)
> -          Deleted the whole build directory and did a rebuild
> -          Checked the filesystem permission, seems normal. It all
> belongs to user and group Jenkins.

It looks like you have the source code under svn control and its
finding a .svn directory in the "intercepts" directory and trying to
execute it. I'm guessing this is the scripts/postinst-intercepts
directory where its finding it.

Somehow you'd need to teach the code to skip the .svn directory, remove
that directory before the build or use a different source control
system.

Cheers,

Richard