[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] PL2303 instability on RPi 3 but not on RPi 2

Martin Bergek martin at spotwise.com
Sun Jul 17 17:54:46 PDT 2016

Thanks Andrei,

I have done some more testing and I have found that - with everything else being the same - I can only see the issue on kernel 4.4. On kernel 4.1 it is stable.

As an alternative workaround I have noticed that disabling USB 2.0 by booting with dwc_otg.speed=1 makes the system stable on any kernel version - albeit of course with much lower USB speeds.

For my particular application either of these alternatives work but I would rather use the latest kernel and at full USB speed.

I have tried changing the core frequency (i.e. core_freq=250) but that didn’t make any difference. The change seems to be mostly related to the serial ports on the RPi which is not the same as the problem I am experiencing. My problem is that the USB ports on the RPi stop working.

/Martin