[yocto] image-vmdk with genericx86

Takashi Matsuzawa tmatsuzawa at uievolution.com
Thu Jul 14 19:25:09 PDT 2016

Hello.

Though the build successfully completes, but the image does not boot and I believe parameters are not set properly for my image.

What I am trying to do is to build xxx.hdddirect image instead of xxx.hddimg for genericx86(, on fido).

As I inspect with '-e' option, I believe, at least the following is wrong.

> # $SYSLINUX_ROOT [3 operations]
> #   set /mnt/ssd2/yocto/dev/wk/x86/wk3/build-root/sources/poky/meta/classes/image-live.bbclass:5
> #     "root=/dev/ram0"
> #   set? /mnt/ssd2/yocto/dev/wk/x86/wk3/build-root/sources/poky/meta/classes/image-vmdk.bbclass:4
> #     "root=/dev/sda2"
> #   set? /mnt/ssd2/yocto/dev/wk/x86/wk3/build-root/sources/> poky/meta/classes/boot-directdisk.bbclass:63
> #     "root=/dev/sda2"
> # pre-expansion value:
> #   "root=/dev/ram0"
> SYSLINUX_ROOT="root=/dev/ram0"

I think SYSLINUX_ROOT here is set by image-live.bbclass's value, not by boot-directdisk.bbclass's.

I feel this is strange that in my local.conf, I have explicitly removed 'live' from IMAGE_FSTYPES and added 'vmdk'.

But, in the above, image-live.bbclass seems to be interpreted and affecting the variable expansion.

I think, the following line in image.bbclass is deciding if it reads image-live.bbclass or not.

>IMAGE_TYPE_live = "${@build_live(d)}"
>
>inherit ${IMAGE_TYPE_live}

Since IMAGE_TYPE_live is set to '' as follows, I believe image-live.bbclass should never interpreted?

> # $IMAGE_TYPE_live
> #   set /mnt/ssd2/yocto/dev/wk/x86/wk3/build-root/sources/poky/meta/classes/image.bbclass:129
> #     "${@build_live(d)}"
> IMAGE_TYPE_live=""

I tried BBMASK'ing image-live.bbclass, but it still seems to be read.

So, I am a bit of stuck here.