[yocto] Confused on how to use native sdk correctly

Alfonso Lima Astor alfonsolimaastor at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 00:40:43 PDT 2016

Hello all,

I am working on a project that creates applications for host and target
architectures. The target SDK works fine, but I am struggling to understand
how to use the host SDK. In my project, we have tools using QT libraries,
OpenCV libraries and headers and libraries from other packages.

How am I supposed to use these libraries for the host build? just installing
them on my computer or adding them to the native sdk? What people do for other
projects?

Having a look to the SDK environment setup script, it seems to me that
the native
SDK is meant to hold tools to support the cross compilation but not supposed to
be used for the native build. Is this correct?

Thank you