[yocto] Diagnosing mishandled dependencies

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Thu Jan 28 05:26:21 PST 2016

I have an image recipe which depends on another package/recipe.
When I change one of the files included by that recipe (a script
that gets packaged and is mentioned in SRC_URI), I expect it to
be rebuilt and in turn the image be rebuilt (I invoke 'bitbake IMAGE')
Most of the time, this works fine, but today it seems to not cooperate.

What's the best way to understand (diagnose) what's going on and
why things don't behave the way I expect?

Thanks