[yocto] Is python distutils set to used the cross compiler by default somehow?

Jeff Waller truthset at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 19:04:21 PST 2016

I’m attempting to do the following

pip install dronekit

which is failing with

unable to execute arm-oe-linux-gnueabi-gcc: No such file or directory

I just want it to use gcc, and in fact this helps

CC=gcc pip install dronekit

but it fails later on during the link step which is helped by setting LDSHARED, but
that again doesn’t help completely because the linker options are different for
gcc executing on the drone (needs -lpthread perhaps…)

But I’m trying to understate where arm-oe-linux-gnueabi-gcc  is coming form in the first
place.  Is there some config file to set to have it not do this?

This is my first stop, it seems strange that such a specific (Open Embedded) compiler would
be used by default on a target system.

-Jeff