[yocto] jethro 2.0.1/ubi-utils not installed on target

gmane at reliableembeddedsystems.com gmane at reliableembeddedsystems.com
Wed Feb 17 08:10:16 PST 2016

Hi,

On 2016-02-17 04:07, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>

> If you want the complete list of packages you can only get it after a
> recipe
> has been built, at which time oe-pkgdata-util can be used:
>
> $ oe-pkgdata-util list-pkgs -p mtd-utils
> mtd-utils-jffs2
> mtd-utils-ubifs
> mtd-utils-misc
> mtd-utils-dbg
> mtd-utils-dev
> mtd-utils-doc
> mtd-utils
>
> The reason this is only available after building (strictly speaking,
> after
> do_packagedata has executed for the recipe in question) is that often
> the list
> of packages isn't determined until then; for example, kernel module
> packages
> are completely dynamic based on those modules that are enabled.
>
> Cheers,
> Paul

Thanks.

So would something I hacked up quickly like this work?

test.sh:
-->
bitbake -s |  awk '{ print $1}' > test.txt
tail -n +6 test.txt > test1.txt
while IFS='' read -r line || [[ -n "$line" ]]; do
     echo "-->"
     echo "oe-pkgdata-util list-pkgs -p $line"
     oe-pkgdata-util list-pkgs -p $line 2> /dev/null
     echo "<--"
done < test1.txt
<--

./test.sh | grep mtd
oe-pkgdata-util list-pkgs -p core-image-minimal-mtdutils
oe-pkgdata-util list-pkgs -p mtd-utils
mtd-utils-jffs2
mtd-utils-ubifs
mtd-utils-misc
mtd-utils-dbg
mtd-utils-dev
mtd-utils-doc
mtd-utils
oe-pkgdata-util list-pkgs -p mtd-utils-native
oe-pkgdata-util list-pkgs -p mtdev
mtdev-dbg
mtdev-staticdev
mtdev-dev
mtdev

> PS if you wish to email me could you please use my email address rather
> than
> the gmane alias you're currently using.

I'll try. Now I reply with your regular email (hoping gmane will not
scramble it)

Regards,

Robert