[yocto] jethro 2.0.1/ubi-utils not installed on target

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Feb 17 02:07:25 PST 2016

Hi Robert,

On Wed, 17 Feb 2016 02:47:46 gmane at reliableembeddedsystems.com wrote:
> On 2016-02-16 05:40, Burton, Ross wrote:
> > On 16 February 2016 at 09:03, <gmane at reliableembeddedsystems.com>
> > wrote:
> >> It seems to be insufficient to add mtd-utils to a packagegroup[1]
> >> and add this to the image for it to be installed in the image.
> >> The package is being built and I can install it afterwards e.g.
> >> opkg install mtd-utils-ubifs_1.5.1+git0+9f107132a6-r0_armv7a
> >>
> >> Is it intended to be like this?
> >
> > Yes.  As you said the resulting package is called mtd-utils-ubifs, so
> > that's the name you need to use in the packagegroup.
>
> Thanks. I figured this out in the meantime;)
>
> I looked into mtd-utils.bb and the packages built where I found
> mtd-utils-ubifs, which does not seem a very generic approach.
>
> One recipe can result in more than one packages, so
>
> -s, --show-versions   Show current and preferred versions of all
> recipes.
>
> does not show all packages.

No, because bitbake -s lists recipes, not packages.

If you want the complete list of packages you can only get it after a recipe
has been built, at which time oe-pkgdata-util can be used:

$ oe-pkgdata-util list-pkgs -p mtd-utils
mtd-utils-jffs2
mtd-utils-ubifs
mtd-utils-misc
mtd-utils-dbg
mtd-utils-dev
mtd-utils-doc
mtd-utils

The reason this is only available after building (strictly speaking, after
do_packagedata has executed for the recipe in question) is that often the list
of packages isn't determined until then; for example, kernel module packages
are completely dynamic based on those modules that are enabled.

Cheers,
Paul

PS if you wish to email me could you please use my email address rather than
the gmane alias you're currently using.

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre