[yocto] Dropping Debian 7 as supported?

Nick Leverton nick at leverton.org
Fri Feb 12 05:43:14 PST 2016

On Thursday 11 Feb 2016 14:32:50 Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 11 February 2016 at 14:21, Nick Leverton <nick at leverton.org> wrote:
> > Possibly a little early - Debian 7 will be going onto LTS security support
> > for
> > two years, starting some time this month.  Quoting from
> > https://wiki.debian.org/LTS
>
> Ah yes, I'd forgotten about the LTS project and was looking at the security
> team.
>
> This does make it less clear, but it's still an old release and we can't
> support/test on everything.

I appreciate that, and I suspect the LTS efforts are of most interest to those
running production servers.  I would think anyone developing on Debian is
likely to be running stable at least.  Although I've worked at many
development companies running elderly LTS versions of Ubuntu, Fedora/Centos,
etc, I admit I've yet to meet one that ran Debian at all.

Nevertheless if I can be of any help in supporting and testing on versions of
Debian, I'm happy to do so.

Nick