[yocto] wic: Setting partition id value?

Jon Szymaniak jon.szymaniak at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 18:03:03 PST 2016

On Feb 10, 2016 12:24 PM, "Usman, Fahad" <Fahad_Usman at mentor.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there a way to create a partition with an arbitrary partition id,
using wic tool. We want to create a disk image using wic for Altera Cyclone
V. It require the partition id to be set to a particular hex value for the
partition it reads the boot loader binary from. The partition id does get
set automatically to the correct value depending on the value of fstype
(eg. 0x83 for ext3 or 0x0c for fat32), but I couldn't find a way to set it
to an arbitrary value.

I ran into this problem as well, but with parted. My hack was to use dd to
write the correct type ID into the image's MBR after I finished creating
the partitions on the image file.