[yocto] wic: Setting partition id value?

Usman, Fahad Fahad_Usman at mentor.com
Wed Feb 10 09:23:13 PST 2016

Hi,
Is there a way to create a partition with an arbitrary partition id,
using wic tool. We want to create a disk image using wic for Altera
Cyclone V. It require the partition id to be set to a particular hex
value for the partition it reads the boot loader binary from. The
partition id does get set automatically to the correct value depending
on the value of fstype (eg. 0x83 for ext3 or 0x0c for fat32), but I
couldn't find a way to set it to an arbitrary value.

Best regards,
Fahad Usman.