[yocto] Migrate, or not Migrate, that's the question!!!

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 10:34:24 PST 2016

> On Feb 1, 2016, at 6:18 AM, Diego Sueiro <diego.sueiro at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Bryan,
>

> On 28 January 2016 at 13:49, Bryan Evenson <bevenson at melinkcorp.com <mailto:bevenson at melinkcorp.com>> wrote:
> In my opinion, I think in the long term it would be easier to make a clean break.  Start with a recent branch, like Jethro, get a minimal image to build for your hardware and then add your own layer with your proprietary recipes.  I think that will be a lot easier than trying to get oe-core working with 5+ year old versions of gcc and eglibc.  Yes, that would mean additional testing, but it may be less testing/integration than you are currently doing just trying to keep your current image maintained.
>

> Thanks for your opinion.
>
> But unfortunately, updating the packages is out of scope in this moment since the product is certificated and doing this will require a new process.

I think you have to think about what you are getting into. You are trying to mix quite two different things are create third one. If I were you, I would just
keep myself synced with upstream as much as I could, Don’t look one way, you have to look into time and effort you will spend on maintaining this new
jargon for years to come.