[yocto] Migrate, or not Migrate, that's the question!!!

Diego Sueiro diego.sueiro at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 06:18:41 PST 2016

Bryan,

On 28 January 2016 at 13:49, Bryan Evenson <bevenson at melinkcorp.com> wrote:

> In my opinion, I think in the long term it would be easier to make a clean
> break.  Start with a recent branch, like Jethro, get a minimal image to
> build for your hardware and then add your own layer with your proprietary
> recipes.  I think that will be a lot easier than trying to get oe-core
> working with 5+ year old versions of gcc and eglibc.  Yes, that would mean
> additional testing, but it may be less testing/integration than you are
> currently doing just trying to keep your current image maintained.

Thanks for your opinion.

But unfortunately, updating the packages is out of scope in this moment
since the product is certificated and doing this will require a new process.

Maybe I can use the Arago External Pre-built Binary Toolchain (2011-09)[1]
in which is supported by TI until daisy branch[2].

[1] -
http://software-dl.ti.com/sdoemb/sdoemb_public_sw/arago_toolchain/2011_09/index_FDS.html
[2] -
http://arago-project.org/git/?p=meta-arago.git;a=tree;f=meta-arago-extras/conf/distro/include;h=23e7bcba85ab80e4bf813fd43f64c61a12ba3f0a;hb=refs/heads/daisy