[yocto] Adding multiple patches to SRC_URI in a recipe — Yocto

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 08:53:51 PST 2016

Vinoth

> On Dec 21, 2016, at 11:23 PM, Eswaran Vinothkumar (BEG-PT/PJ-IOT1) <Vinothkumar.Eswaran at de.bosch.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am creating a BSP to customized board using Yocto. I have some hundred plus patches for the Linux kernel and barebox. To include the patches for the Linux kernel, I have created an .scc file. In the .scc file I have included all the patches required.The SRC_URI option in the kernel recipe looks like:
>
>     SRC_URI += "https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/linux-4.0.9.tar.xz <https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/linux-4.0.9.tar.xz> \
>                 file://kernelpatch.scc <file:///kernelpatch.scc> \
>                 file://kernel-4.0.9.cfg <file:///kernel-4.0.9.cfg> \
>                 "
>
> For the barebox, I tried to do the same, but it seems it doesn't support .scc files. So now I have included all the hundred plus patches using `file://patchname.patch` <file://patchname.patch`>  in  SRC_URI:
>
>             file://patches/0001-drivers.patch <file://patches/0001-drivers.patch> \
>             file://patches/0002-hw_random-C.patch <file://patches/0002-hw_random-C.patch> \
>     .
>     .
>     .
>     .
>             file://patches/0304-usb-fastbootupport.patch <file://patches/0304-usb-fastbootupport.patch> \
>
> I would like to know is there a better way for adding multiple patches to the SRC_URI ?

Yocto kernel tooling is special for kernel and with some effort it can be extended to other kconfig based packages but I dont think we do that yet.
so yes the .scc mechanism wont work for non linux-yocto recipes.

You can append to SRC_URI for bare box recipe directly. e.g.

SRC_URI += “file://one.patch <file:///one.patch> \
                        file:/two.patch \
                        ….
                       “

I would also suggest to go through