[yocto] Adding multiple patches to SRC_URI in a recipe — Yocto

Eswaran Vinothkumar (BEG-PT/PJ-IOT1) Vinothkumar.Eswaran at de.bosch.com
Wed Dec 21 23:23:44 PST 2016

Hi,

I am creating a BSP to customized board using Yocto. I have some hundred plus patches for the Linux kernel and barebox. To include the patches for the Linux kernel, I have created an .scc file. In the .scc file I have included all the patches required.The SRC_URI option in the kernel recipe looks like:

    SRC_URI += "https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/linux-4.0.9.tar.xz \
                file://kernelpatch.scc \
                file://kernel-4.0.9.cfg \
                "

For the barebox, I tried to do the same, but it seems it doesn't support .scc files. So now I have included all the hundred plus patches using `file://patchname.patch`  in  SRC_URI:

            file://patches/0001-drivers.patch \
            file://patches/0002-hw_random-C.patch \
    .
    .
    .
    .
            file://patches/0304-usb-fastbootupport.patch \

I would like to know is there a better way for adding multiple patches to the SRC_URI ?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Vinothkumar Eswaran
BEG-PT/PJ-IOT1