[yocto] fitImage and initramfs

Rick Altherr raltherr at google.com
Wed Dec 21 11:55:17 PST 2016

I was thinking that core-image-minimal-initramfs did something special to
avoid a dependency problem.  I just checked the recipe and it doesn't.
Everything in kernel-fitimage.bbclass seems to setup dependencies correctly
so that the INITRAMFS_IMAGE gets created before trying to bundle it.

The log message you posted ("Creating a kernel image with a bundled
initramfs....") comes from kernel.bbclass:do_bundle_initramfs() which is
for the zImage bundling.  fitImage bundling happens in
kernel-fitimage.bbclass:do_assemble_fitimage_initramfs() and doesn't print
anything to the logs.  Because of that, I can't tell which code path is
having a problem.  Please check the logs in the kernel recipe's work
directory, specifically the logs for those two tasks.  Hopefully they
describe more of where the problem is.

Rick

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 10:11 AM, Hamish Guthrie <Hamish.Guthrie at kistler.com