[yocto] fitImage and initramfs

Hamish Guthrie Hamish.Guthrie at kistler.com
Wed Dec 21 09:38:16 PST 2016

Hi Rick,

>> Have you tried manually extracting the .xz it is having trouble with?

Yes I have tried this, in fact I made some changes to the script where the copy and extract is done and I can verify that in fact the copy of the cpio.xz image is done correctly to the usr directory in the kernel directory, I also added a line to make an additional copy of it, and in fact the original is being extracted correctly to the usr directory, and it is correctly extracted, but for some strange reason I get the Unexpected end of input error. I have manually extracted the image and the result of that extraction is identical both in size and content to the one which claims to have an error.

The core-image-minimal is purely for experimental purposes, what I am actually trying to do is to create a fit image for our swupdate image so that I can have a single fit image including the kernel, device tree and initramfs for swupdate, so I can include it in a single UBI volume.

Hamish -