[yocto] How to get headers installed at target side of SDK?

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Fri Dec 16 04:21:31 PST 2016

On 16 December 2016 at 02:54, Daniel. <danielhilst at gmail.com> wrote:

> Then I tried to append packagegroup-sdk-target adding foo-dev to it
> but still I can't get the headers at the SDK. I'm building the SDK by
> building meta-toolchain and installing by executing the script
> generated at tmp/deploy/sdk.

Build a SDK by using bitbake my-image-name -c populate_sdk.

This will build a SDK which contains the -dev packages for everything that
goes into your image.  If you want headers that are not in your image
usually then you can add them to TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK in the image recipe:

TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK_append = " libsomething.dev"

Ross