[yocto] Ignoring Fetch errors for optional source.

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 23:44:55 PST 2016

> On Dec 7, 2016, at 5:00 AM, Beth 'pidge' Flanagan <pidge at toganlabs.com> wrote:
>
> I've an odd use case that I wonder if anyone has a work around/way of
> doing it.
>
> I've a client who has contractors who can't have access to a certain
> segment of the code base. So for example, a recipe will have a SRC_URI
> for the main bit that everyone has access to, but an extra src_uri that
> some people won't have access to.
>
> I want to be able to just ignore any fetch/unpack errors if that extra
> src is unfetchable. Thoughts on how to achieve this?

You can  append them via bbappends in a layer of its own. and control the access
to that layer. If the layer does not exist in bblayers then those repos dont bother fetching

if  there is a case where these additional stuff is must have then define

SRC_URI += “${ADDITIONAL_URIS}”
ADDITIONAL_URIS ? = “”

and let the layers fill this variables via bbappend and if it turns out to be empty in the end
you can raise parse errors,

basically look into RDK, there are several examples of such cases.