[yocto] Ignoring Fetch errors for optional source.

Andre McCurdy armccurdy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 12:14:51 PST 2016

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 5:13 AM, Beth 'pidge' Flanagan
<pidge at toganlabs.com> wrote:

> Yeah, unfortunately, people don't neccessarily know they're special if you
> get my meaning.
>
> One way we've been trying this is like so:
>
>     try:
>         fetcher = bb.fetch2.Fetch(extra_uri, d)
>         fetcher.download()
>     except:
>         pass
>
> But this doesn't seem to be catching the fetch error.

Even if it did work, how is sstate etc going to handle the effective
SRC_URI not being known until after you've tried to fetch all the
sources?

Perhaps better to run a test for "specialness" and set an
"I_AM_SPECIAL" variable from (a wrapper for) oe-init-build-env.