[yocto] Qt make: g++: Command not found issue with SDK generated for soloX

Alankar Dhobale alankar.dhobale at renuelectronics.com
Fri Dec 9 03:57:48 PST 2016

i have used following steps to get and build the BSP for soloX sabre board.
i am using Krogoth branch to build the bsp and populate sdk

https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform

then i added qt support in the build by following

http://wiki.wandboard.org/index.php/Building_Qt5_using_yocto_on_Wandboard

after that i bitbaked toolchain for this using following

$ bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5

after this i generated sdk using following command

$ bitbake <image-name> -c populate_sdk

and then i installed the sdk on my development machine, it is installed
under

/opt/poky/2.1.1/

now i installed and setup latest Qt by using following steps

https://community.nxp.com/thread/309578

After all this setup done, i created a simple console application and trying
to build it, and i get an error as

14:10:10: Running steps for project HelloWorld...
14:10:10: Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.
14:10:10: Starting: "/usr/bin/make"
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -std=gnu++0x -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_NO_DEBUG
-DQT_CORE_LIB -I../HelloWorld -I.
-I/opt/poky/2.1.1/sysroots/cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/qt
5
-I/opt/poky/2.1.1/sysroots/cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/qt
5/QtCore -I.
-I/opt/poky/2.1.1/sysroots/cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/qt5/mk
specs/linux-g++ -o main.o ../HelloWorld/main.cpp
make: g++: Command not found
make: *** [main.o] Error 127
14:10:10: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
Error while building/deploying project HelloWorld (kit: mx6solox)
The kit mx6solox has configuration issues which might be the root cause for
this problem.
When executing step "Make"
14:10:10: Elapsed time: 00:00.

i have googled a lot but could not find any solution on this.

Can somebody please help on this...

Kind Regards,

Alankar Dhobale