[yocto] Using files from package dependencies

Paulo Neves ptsneves at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 00:54:39 PST 2016

Hi Nicolas,

The files form this other package are mostly binaries in a directory
structure. I have to create an additional package which works with the
other package's(the dependency) installed directory structure.
Also you hinted at something I didn't know before, which was that
packages need to be additionally exported to the sysroot and this was
typically done through the -dev package. Can you point me at where
this is documented? I am having a huge difficulty trying to find these
conventions in the manual or by googling.

Thanks
Paulo Neves