[yocto] Using files from package dependencies

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Mon Dec 5 00:42:42 PST 2016

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 7:59 AM, Paulo Neves <ptsneves at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a recipe which depends on another package's file to do it's
> job. How can I arbitrarily access a file from another package which my
> recipe depends on?
>
> I searched for this kind of problem but did not find it

you can't access (reliably) temporary files from another package. Each
package is built independently in their own 'sandbox'. If files from
one package are needed for other packages they need to be exported in
the sysroot (through the -dev package typically).

you don't say much about what 'files' you need, but if you need source
code to recompile them into another package, you might need to fetch
the source code directly.