[yocto] Shared state doesn't live up to its name?

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Thu Dec 1 01:27:50 PST 2016

I have a build machine where I build for lots of targets.  On
all of these targets (save a primary), I set the SSTATE_MIRROR
to point to the sstate-cache of the primary target.  I always build
for the primary target first, then later the secondary ones.

For the most part, the sstate mechanism works pretty well, but I
see some anomalies.  For example, why on the same host, built back
to back, would a secondary build target (which uses the primary
as it's SSTATE_MIRROR and that build is complete) need to rebuild
from scratch such NATIVE packages as openssl?  Note that these are
native packages I'm asking about, so in my mind they should always
be sharable.

Any ideas?  Is there something I can look at to investigate this?

Thanks