[yocto] Automating imaging building and testing, what aproach to use!?

Randy MacLeod randy.macleod at windriver.com
Tue Aug 30 17:57:07 PDT 2016

On 2016-08-30 04:18 PM, Daniel. wrote:
> Hey everybody!
>
> While writing software we're used to delivery packages, libraries and
> stacks. There are out there a lot of continuos integration solutions
> to automatically build and test these kinds of software. But when
> dealing to images the thing is more tricky.
>
> I can't run the tests at the same machine that build the image because
> crosscompilation take place on 99% of the cases. What is approach that
> you guys are using to automate and increase the quality of your
> images?

We have a custom automated build system running 100s of configs/day

Some people I work with have started using LAVA [1] to
do automated testing for both Qemu and hardware targets.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll ask them to
summarize what they think of it so far.

../Randy

[1] http://www.linaro.org/initiatives/lava/

--
# Randy MacLeod. SMTS, Linux, Wind River
Direct: 613.963.1350 | 350 Terry Fox Drive, Suite 200, Ottawa, ON,