[yocto] Automating imaging building and testing, what aproach to use!?

Daniel. danielhilst at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 13:18:44 PDT 2016

Hey everybody!

While writing software we're used to delivery packages, libraries and
stacks. There are out there a lot of continuos integration solutions
to automaticaly build and test these kinds of software. But when
dealing to images the thing is more tricky.

I can't run the tests at the same machine that build the image because
crosscompilation take place on 99% of the cases. What is aproach that
you guys are using to automate and increase the quality of your
images?

Automating the build is the easy part my concert is about automating
the runtime tests that need the target board to run. In my case I
depend on hardware to fully test the image features. Is there any
reliable way to automate image installation and boot!?

Best regards to everybody!
--
"Do or do not. There is no try"
  Yoda Master