[yocto] X display touch calibration

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Mon Aug 29 08:52:31 PDT 2016

On 2016-08-29 13:49, Maxin B. John wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 11:09:25AM +0200, Gary Thomas wrote:
>> How is the touchscreen calibration supposed to work now (after
>> the recent changes dropping pointercal, tslib, etc)?  I can
>> see when I launch X that the screen calibration program runs,
>> but I think only briefly as the main [matchbox] screen immediately
>> comes up and without calibration, my pointer (touchscreen) is pretty
>> useless...
>
> Could you share some more details about the device that you are using?

I'm using an i.MX6Q SabreLite (Boundary Devices) with a 7" LCD that has
a TSC-2004 resistive touch screen.

> Most likely, the layer which supports your device, already provides a
> default "/etc/pointercal.xinput" file. Removing that file and restarting
> the device should bring back the screen calibration program during boot.

I removed that file and still the same behavior.

>> Ideas / pointers?
>
> Please update that .bbappend file or provide a "reasonable"(which works
> with the latest xinput_calibrator) set of default values in the
> pointercal.xinput file.

Since the autocalibrate isn't working, can you give some guidance
what this looks like?  The one created by the [erroneous] .bbappend
looks like this:
   xinput set-int-prop "EETI eGalax Touch Screen" "Evdev Axis Calibration" 42060 2062 -8 -783544 1 1549 65536
   xinput set-int-prop "EETI eGalax Touch Screen" "Evdev Axes Swap" 8 0

Note: the reason you didn't see my error when you built for imx28 was
that this specific file is i.MX6 specific.

Also, in the past I used a [manually crafted] file:
     ================= /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/11-touchscreen.conf
     Section "InputClass"
     Identifier "tsc2004"
     MatchProduct "tsc2004"
     MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
     Driver "evdev"
     Option "InvertX" "true"
     Option  "Calibration"   "85 4045 166 3991"
     EndSection

The touchscreen still works if I include this but I was trying to play
by the new rules and use the new configuration tools, so I removed it
and /etc/pointercal*