[yocto] X display touch calibration

Maxin B. John maxin.john at intel.com
Mon Aug 29 04:49:14 PDT 2016

Hi Gary,

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 11:09:25AM +0200, Gary Thomas wrote:
> How is the touchscreen calibration supposed to work now (after
> the recent changes dropping pointercal, tslib, etc)?  I can
> see when I launch X that the screen calibration program runs,
> but I think only briefly as the main [matchbox] screen immediately
> comes up and without calibration, my pointer (touchscreen) is pretty
> useless...

Could you share some more details about the device that you are using?

Most likely, the layer which supports your device, already provides a
default "/etc/pointercal.xinput" file. Removing that file and restarting
the device should bring back the screen calibration program during boot.

> Ideas / pointers?

Please update that .bbappend file or provide a "reasonable"(which works
with the latest xinput_calibrator) set of default values in the
pointercal.xinput file.