[yocto] Build Host packags for Yocto project.

Robert Yang liezhi.yang at windriver.com
Mon Aug 29 02:05:32 PDT 2016

Hi TinTin,

On 08/29/2016 12:03 PM, TinTin Naing wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am very new to Yocto project.
>
> I am trying to get installed all necessary Build Host packages following the
> guide lines in “Yocto Project Quick Start Guide”.
>
> But gcc-multilib and libsdl1.2-dev are not installed as below.
>
> Can anyone advise how to get those two packages installed? I am using Ubuntu
> linux on VM BOX.
>

> 20160829_115315.jpg

For this error, different YP version supports different host, you can:

$ find poky/ -name 'poky.conf'

And then check SANITY_TESTED_DISTROS, if you use one of them, it should be
pretty easy to setup the build.

> Can anyone advise on the following questions:
>
> (1)    In order to build image for Freescale i.MX6 processor, how much minimum
> size of RAM is required?

We don't have exactly data on this, this depends on parallel builds, at
minimum, I think that 2GB would be OK, but it would be very slow.

> (2)    Should I use dedicated Linux Host machine? Or , using VM Box is OK?

VM Box is OK, but you need set more processors and memory, the more the faster.

> (3)    Which machine is better? 64-bit or 32-bit?

64bit.

// Robert