[yocto] Trying to run toaster off master, running into issues w/ django

Ed Bartosh ed.bartosh at linux.intel.com
Wed Aug 24 03:51:26 PDT 2016

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 04:49:42PM -0500, Michael Habibi wrote:
> I am running the master branch and trying to run toaster to play
> around with the web interface (already successfully completed a build
> w/o toaster setup).
>
> I followed the instructions in the documentation. I created a
> virtualenv, sourced/activated my virtualenv, and while under venv I
> did a pip install. It believes Django is installed, but I cannot run
> toaster. See below:
>
> (venv)habibim at bvm-poc8:/projects/yocto-git/build$ pip install -r
> /projects/yocto-git/bitbake/toaster-requirements.txt
> Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade):
> Django>1.8,<1.9 in /home/habibim/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages
> (from -r /projects/yocto-git/bitbake/toaster-requirements.txt (line
> 1))
> Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade):
> beautifulsoup4>=4.4.0 in
> /home/habibim/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from -r
> /projects/yocto-git/bitbake/toaster-requirements.txt (line 2))
> Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): pytz in
> /home/habibim/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from -r
> /projects/yocto-git/bitbake/toaster-requirements.txt (line 3))
> Cleaning up...
> (venv)habibim at bvm-poc8:/projects/yocto-git/build$ python --version
> Python 2.7.6

> (venv)habibim at bvm-poc8:/projects/yocto-git$ source oe-init-build-env
>
> ### Shell environment set up for builds. ###
>
> You can now run 'bitbake <target>'
>
> Common targets are:
>     core-image-minimal
>     core-image-sato
>     meta-toolchain
>     meta-ide-support
>
> You can also run generated qemu images with a command like 'runqemu qemux86'
> (venv)habibim at bvm-poc8:/projects/yocto-git/build$ source ../bitbake/bin/toaster
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> ImportError: No module named 'django'
> This program needs Django>1.8,<1.9
> Please install with pip install -r
> /projects/yocto-git/bitbake/toaster-requirements.txt
>
> Am I going insane? I did some google-fu and people recommended
> cleaning up manage.py, but those changes did not seem to affect this
> outcome.

Looks like python3 issue to me. You should install requirements with
pip3 for python3 to be able to import them.

You probably used old setup instructions. Please, read the latest manual here:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/toaster-manual/toaster-manual.html#toaster-manual-setup-and-use

Regards,
Ed