[yocto] Trying to run toaster off master, running into issues w/ django

Michael Habibi mikehabibi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 14:49:42 PDT 2016

I am running the master branch and trying to run toaster to play
around with the web interface (already successfully completed a build
w/o toaster setup).

I followed the instructions in the documentation. I created a
virtualenv, sourced/activated my virtualenv, and while under venv I
did a pip install. It believes Django is installed, but I cannot run
toaster. See below:

(venv)habibim at bvm-poc8:/projects/yocto-git/build$ pip install -r
/projects/yocto-git/bitbake/toaster-requirements.txt
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade):
Django>1.8,<1.9 in /home/habibim/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages
(from -r /projects/yocto-git/bitbake/toaster-requirements.txt (line
1))
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade):
beautifulsoup4>=4.4.0 in
/home/habibim/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from -r
/projects/yocto-git/bitbake/toaster-requirements.txt (line 2))
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): pytz in
/home/habibim/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from -r
/projects/yocto-git/bitbake/toaster-requirements.txt (line 3))
Cleaning up...
(venv)habibim at bvm-poc8:/projects/yocto-git/build$ python --version
Python 2.7.6

(venv)habibim at bvm-poc8:/projects/yocto-git$ source oe-init-build-env

### Shell environment set up for builds. ###

You can now run 'bitbake <target>'

Common targets are:
    core-image-minimal
    core-image-sato
    meta-toolchain
    meta-ide-support

You can also run generated qemu images with a command like 'runqemu qemux86'
(venv)habibim at bvm-poc8:/projects/yocto-git/build$ source ../bitbake/bin/toaster
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named 'django'
This program needs Django>1.8,<1.9
Please install with pip install -r
/projects/yocto-git/bitbake/toaster-requirements.txt

Am I going insane? I did some google-fu and people recommended
cleaning up manage.py, but those changes did not seem to affect this
outcome.