[yocto] can one use "ASSUME_PROVIDED += mono-native" to avoid compiling?

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Fri Aug 12 06:53:30 PDT 2016

On 12 August 2016 at 11:50, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>   built mono for the first time, and a significant amount of time was
> spent compiling mono-native. if i already have mono on my build host,
> is it worth checking if i can take advantage of it?

sstate obviously means if it doesn't change then you won't be rebuilding it
again for a while, but yeah you can look at that.  Obviously it's your
responsibility if the host mono isn't good enough (too old, missing
patches, etc) but before I got a faster machine I put a fair number of
tools in ASSUME_PROVIDED for this reason.

Ross