[yocto] Access Control List (ACL) permissions attributes not getting preserved in rootfs

Kumar, Shrawan Shrawan.Kumar at harman.com
Fri Aug 12 05:33:15 PDT 2016

Hello All,

I am  using  poky " jethro"  , and  though  one of my recipe, I have created user1 & user2 and then trying to set ACL rules  on "helloworld" bin as below :

do_install() {
                    install -d ${D}${bindir}
                    install -m 0700 helloworld ${D}${bindir}
                    install -d ${D}/lib/systemd/system
                    install -m 0700 hello.service ${D}/lib/systemd/system/
                    chown    user1:group1 ${D}${bindir}/helloworld
                   setfacl -m u:user2:r-- ${D}${bindir}/helloworld
}

è When I see   on the devshell ( bitbake HelloWorld -c devshell)  : poky/build_qemux86/tmp/work/qemux86-poky-linux/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/rootfs/usr/bin# getfacl helloworld    , I could see that ACL permissions are set correctly as below :

-        # file: helloworld

-        # owner: user1

-        # group: group1

-        user::rwx

-        user:user2:r--

-        group::---

-        mask::r--

-        other::---

However, It does not seems to be getting preserved in rootfs. :
/poky/build_qemux86/tmp/work/qemux86-poky-linux/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/rootfs/usr/bin# getfacl helloworld
# file: helloworld
# owner: user1
# group: group1
user::rwx
group::---
other::---

quick help  here would be highly appreciated

Thanks & Regards
Shrawan