[yocto] [Yocto] Enable a recipe/package only when other dependent recipe/package is part of image.

Amarnath Valluri amarnath.valluri at intel.com
Thu Apr 28 05:30:59 PDT 2016

Hi Ross,

>> An alternative would be to have some naming pattern for conf packages
>> (-conf is reasonable) and invent a new image-feature called
>> conf-packages that uses a glob to find all complementary packages
>> matching the *-conf pattern.  This is how dev-pkgs, dbg-pkgs,
>> doc-pkgs etc work.  I believe this is just a matter of
>> setting COMPLEMENTARY_GLOB[conf-pkgs] = '*-conf' in your configuration.
> I will try this, thanks.
I tried this solution:
   COMPLEMENTARY_GLOB[conf-pkgs] = '*-conf'
   IMAGE_FEATURES_append = " conf-pkgs"

But this did not work for me. The obvious reason(i guess) is no matching
packages build for '*-conf', though all configuration recipes provides
'<base_component>-conf' packages, but the dependency is missing to build
those packages :(.

My layer provides configuration packages for core components, such as
'connman', 'openssh', 'dropbear', etc., which needs to/can be configured
with our configuration framework. I would like to find a way to pick the
corresponding config packages based on the image configuration, for
example 'openssh-conf' or 'dropbear-conf' whichever the image is
configured to use.

Thanks,
Amarnath
Intel Finland Oy
Registered Address: PL 281, 00181 Helsinki
Business Identity Code: 0357606 - 4
Domiciled in Helsinki