[yocto] Dumping (inferred) do_task[vardeps] for some do_task

Ulf Magnusson ulfalizer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 09:11:51 PDT 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to get a feel for how BitBake infers task dependencies. The
easiest way (but I'm open to suggestions) seems to be to dump the
value of do_task[vardeps] for a particular recipe after the inferred
dependencies are added.

What's a good way to dump do_task[vardeps]? I tried using getVarFlag()
in an anonymous Python function, but it only catches dependencies
explicitly added to do_task[vardeps]. Maybe [vardeps] is never
assigned the complete set of dependencies internally, or maybe the
anonymous Python function is called too early.

generate_dependencies() in bitbake/lib/bb/data.py also looked
promising, but maybe there's a better places further up the callstack.

Thanks a lot,
Ulf