[yocto] Build Errors with new recipe for pjproject (autotools/pkgconfig)

Chris Trobridge christrobridge at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 27 02:07:09 PDT 2016

Thanks Ross,
I have added "EXTRA_OECONF += "--enable-shared", as asterisk needs shared libraries: these don't get the suffix and asterisk builds fine.
I am still getting a whole slew of host contamination warnings, eg "pjproject: /pjproject-staticdev/usr/lib/libpjsua-x86_64-poky-linux-gnu.a is owned by uid 1000, which is the same as the user running bitbake. This may be due to host contamination".  I can find some references to this happening in release tests but not how it was fixed.
Can you shine any light on the "-fdebug-prefix-map" related fatal QA errors?  (leaking host paths) I've found some discussion in openembedded that suggests this should be fixed in the compiler but again I am curious why this (very simple) recipe has this issue but others don't.
The only 'odd' thing I've need to do is add "do_configure_prepend() { LD=$CXX }
If I get these recipes (asterisk/pjproject) to an acceptable level I could propose them (back) into openembedded?
pjproject hasn't been touched for 6 years and has some custom steps I don't understand (https://github.com/openembedded/openembedded/tree/master/recipes/pjproject).
asterisk (https://github.com/openembedded/openembedded/tree/master/recipes/asterisk) is simarly out of date on openembedded, although there is also asterisk in meta-telephony (https://github.com/sysmocom/meta-telephony/tree/master/recipes-asterisk/asterisk) that is referenced.
'My' asterisk recipe is based on the one from meta-telephony so I should get in touch with the authors.
Regards,Chris