[yocto] Strange dependency

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Apr 26 19:30:51 PDT 2016

Hi Gary,

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 15:06:14 Gary Thomas wrote:
> I have a distribution which normally includes x11.  I just
> ran a build with
>    DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11 wayland"
>
> Why on earth did this require qemu-native to be rebuilt?
> One would think that qemu-native would be independent of the
> DISTRO_FEATURES??

Looking at meta/recipes-devtools/qemu/qemu.inc it is explicitly looking at
DISTRO_FEATURES for the native class. That seems wrong to me as well, but I
would be surprised if it were the only place we were referring to
DISTRO_FEATURES in the native context (especially implicitly - consider the
defaults for PACKAGECONFIG in various recipes where we initialise it based on
DISTRO_FEATURES and don't provide a special default for native). I guess it's
something that someone will need to go through and clean up at some point.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton