[yocto] Running an own script after kernel compilation

Yegor Yefremov yegorslists at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 18 01:18:53 PDT 2016

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 12:12 PM, Yegor Yefremov
> <yegorslists at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I have my own ITS file, that is required to create a FIT image. ITS
>> file has a special configuration, that cannot be automatically created
>> using Yocto's recipes. So I need a way to invoke my own script. How
>> can I do it?
> depends which yocto version you are using but you can use (reuse)
> kernel-fitimage.bbclass present in jethro.
> which will generate its file from kernel + dts you will define + with
> that its will build FIT image. But not sure if it's really what you
> need.

So, I've solved the problem via adding a task:

do_create_fitimage() {
        cp ${THISDIR}/linux-yocto-custom/kernel-fit.its ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}
        uboot-mkimage -f ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/kernel-fit.its
${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/kernel-fit.itb
}

addtask create_fitimage before do_packagedata after do_deploy

No the question is, how to handle out-of-tree DTS files?
meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-dtb.inc won't copy DTS files to
"${B}/arch/${ARCH}/boot/dts/${DTB}"

Yegor